Last week we used information we learned in Science, about how different living things grow and change, to create some Bee Bot mats.
The children had to:
1. Use measurement to join two pieces of 60 cm x 45 cm paper to create a 60 cm x 60 cm square
2. Fold their paper to create halves, quarters, eighths and sixteenths so that they created sixteen 15 cm x 15 cm squares
3. Create, on their mat, at least four depictions of a different stage of growth of a living thing
4. Complete the mat by filling in every square
5. Program Bee Bots to navigate a course from each stage of growth to another in correct order, as well as other programming challenges.
They did a wonderful job, and this week we have invited the f/1 class to come and have a go with Bee Bots on our mats!